Total Pageviews

Sunday, 29 January 2017

Filming Fly-fishing in NZ for the BBC

The documentary I am fly-fishing in for the BBC's Natural History Unit is on TV in NZ at the moment. 

Sunday nights, channel 1, 7 p.m.. It's called Wild New Zealand. If you're in NZ you can watch it online at  https://www.tvnz.co.nz/ondemand/wild-new-zealand I think it's the third episode that I'm in.

We filmed trout eating mice, and catching one with an imitation mouse fly, fly-fishing!

If you're outside NZ, then it can be accessed through the BBC's website.

I flew into a wilderness NZ river with the BBC cameramen and we worked hard for a week to capture the footage of the trout taking a mouse fly. Perhaps 80 hours of fishing and work to capture just a couple of minutes worth of the perfect footage. 

They did an amazing job with their cameras, and I'm very pleased with the end result. 

Thank you to Tore at www.flytackle.co.nz for the excellent Sage rod and fishpond waist pack used in the filming.

Check it out!

I will try and track down some photos from the filming and upload them in due course!

No comments:

Post a Comment